Property Management Services in Florida & Haiti
Goal: Our goal is to eliminate the headaches and handle everything associated with the upkeep of your investment, including:
Advertising: In today’s market, online advertising is the best way to reach potential tenants. Our rentals are also listed on the Multiple Listing Service, which makes it accessible to all real estate agents. We still do the traditional advertising, i.e. signs posted on property and surrounding area, news paper ads, newsletters to major employers, colleges, word of mouth, etc. Following is a list of web sites where our properties are being advertised:
- Full tenant screening– We take care of showing your home, getting completed applications and conducting extensive screening of applicants. We make sure all the legal documents (lease, addendum, move in packet, etc.) are signed prior to receiving keys and possession.
- Accounting – We utilize a state of the art accounting system to track your income property. This system maintains all current and outstanding charges for tenants, legal actions, receivables, maintenance history and expenses, and provides detailed monthly accounting.
- Rent Collection – We process rent efficiently, and in most cases can guarantee it to the owner by the 5th of the month. In the event that a tenant does not pay on time, our legal actions to collect rent or evict the tenant will proceed promptly and accurately. In cases where additional legal knowledge or representation is necessary, we have attorneys available in the area of landlord /tenant law, evictions, and collections.
- Maintenance – Protection and upkeep of your investment is of paramount importance to maintaining property value and happy tenants. We have access to an excellent pool of handymen and other professional service personnel. We receive NONE of our revenue from vendors or repair billings. A slush fund of $500 is maintained in the account at all times, and any repair over $300 will require owners prior approval. Emergency maintenance calls are handled on a 24-hour a day basis in order to ensure the safety and well being of the property and the tenant. We strongly encourage home owners to purchase a home warranty policy to ease their mind should the appliances and/or furnace fail to operate. The tenant can call the home warranty company to schedule all the repairs with a small copayment.
- Home Owners Association (H.O.A) – We can setup service with the Home Owners Association to handle all communication and payments with the HOA. This results in less headaches and stress for you due to quicker response to HOA violations/notices and billings.
- Inspections: To insure that the tenants are taking proper care of the property and that there are no ongoing safety or security hazards to the property, periodic “drive by inspections” are conducted on a scheduled monthly or quarterly basis. We also do weekly security checks on vacant properties, as well as interior inspections as the need calls for.
- Home Warranty: All home owners are strongly encouraged to purchase a home warranty policy to protect all the appliances and furnace in case of any system failure. The tenant will be responsible for any copayment.